Today, every business is aiming for the top spot on a search engine ranking page. Being in the uppermost positions allows businesses to attract customers of value that are ready to do business with them. For any business, the website is their face on the world wide web. It is through your website, you attract leads and do business with your clients. If the website is not optimized, this signifies trouble for you in the ranking and ROI of your business. Hence, it’s essential to optimize your website and this blog helps you understand the what, why, and how of Website Optimization. After implementing the techniques mentioned in this blog post your website will be better optimized than before.
Website Optimization: The Basics
Site optimization is the process of developing your website for search engines and users through organic, unpaid techniques. This means adjusting your websites that satisfy both the user and the search engine. If you do it right, this helps in boosting the rank of your website on the search engine result page(SERP). This benefits you by attracting quality leads aiding you in expanding your business.
It’s a fact as stated by Neil Pate that, “Both B2B and B2C marketers want more search leads because they result in 8.5X more clicks than paid search results“. Hence, through a series of steps or techniques, known as Search engine optimization or SEO, you should always optimize your website organically to get quality traffic. Also, make sure to always measure your efforts through tools as you optimize your site. Measuring your site efforts helps you make informed decisions that lead to an effective strategy. Having an effective strategy can help you optimize your site for your niche or domain and helps you in outperforming your competitors.
With this out of the way, the next section deals with why you require organic optimization for your website?
Why The Hassle Of SEO Web Optimization?
Well, marketing takes time and requires continuous efforts. Marketing is no magic wand you flick it once and you get all the ranks and conversions. On the other hand, if you systematically optimize your website, you reach your business goals quicker than ever. Some of the benefits organic optimization brings are:
Brand Visibility And Recognition
Do you know that “90.88% of pages are invisible in Google”, as reported by Ahrefs? This means they get zero to no organic traffic. When you optimize your website as per the guidelines of a search engine, the search engine starts displaying your website for the services that you provide. This means more opportunities to do business with quality customers that may even want you for long-term dealings. To not feel invisible on the web, optimizing your website is the best course of action you can take now.
Also, Check – How To Do An SEO Competitive Analysis
Beat Your Competition
Your competitors are always on the move, so you shouldn’t stay behind. You have to optimize your website and you have to do it better than your competitors. If you know the correct methods to do so, you can leave your competition behind and do business with a lead before they do.
Better Leads And ROI
Certainly, by optimizing your website, you do rank higher for the specific services you provide. This opens better possibilities to do business. By being at the top, you are a proven authority with which people engage in a business. This opens more ventures, which further leads to increased ROI. Hence, optimizing the website is of utmost importance.
How And What To Optimize In Your Website?
To do this process correctly, you follow a series of steps with precision to get the desired results. The purpose of website optimization is to understand how visitors are reacting to your website. You should run tests to analyze various factors like user experience, and accessibility. Regardless of the niche of your services, there are some common steps you should be aware of:
- First, study the audit reports and results to look for areas that need improvement.
- Take a deep look at your resources and accordingly, define your predicted results.
- Understand the areas you lack in and wish to focus on.
- Start optimizing and start measuring your activities.
- Finally, update and maintain your parameters as required.
Once you’ve understood what areas you are lacking in, you can optimize your website accordingly. Every website will require different optimization depending on the area they are lacking in. Some of the major areas you can optimize your website in are:
- SEO- SEO involves writing content that revolves around user intent, making good quality backlinks, including keyword in your URL, H1, H2, and H3 tags, optimizing images, etc. Make sure to pay equal attention to your Technical SEO as it makes it easy for the search engine crawlers to access the information on your website. This covers identifying crawl errors, fixing broken links, securing your website with HTTPS, and more. Done all this right, your website will be more optimized than before.
- Mobile Optimization – Mobile optimization involves tactics that increase the page speed on a mobile or a tablet. This includes optimizing the images, information, and videos for the mobile screen, making content scrollable instead of clickable, using AMP(Accelerated Mobile Pages), etc.
- Conversion Rate Optimization- Conversion rate optimization focuses on what percentage of your website users are becoming customers. If this is low, it can affect your ROI. To do this, you have to make sure that deep linking is used, using CTA’s that are well placed with a strong message. If these things are taken care of, you’ll definitely see a boost in your ROI.
Website optimization is one of the most important ways to get your website ranked higher. It covers a ton of techniques, and you have to optimize your website according to the areas you lack in. However, make sure to read and understand your website data before optimizing. If site optimization is done well, you can rank higher and do business with your prospective clients in no time.